Dec 30, 2022
Did you know that you can shop your own closet for New Year’s Eve? If you are like many of people – late to make plans for NYE, and then even later to get an outfit together – then you have come to the right place, Fashion Friends!
“On New Year’s Eve, no matter what your plans are, you are supposed to look like a freaking disco ball. End of story.” – Holly Katz
This week your favorite personal stylist, Holly Katz, is here with her secret formula for pulling an outfit out of your own closet! Don’t run out and shop at the last minute. You will buy something you will never wear again, and FOR SURE, you will overpay when you shop in a panic.
The Best Dressed Formula for NYE:
2. Wear something overdressed and impractical.
3. First, pick a blank canvas:
4. Pick a 2nd item that will go over or under said blank canvas:
5. Pick a 3rd item – usually outerwear because let's be honest...it's cold, bitches.
Fashion Crimes for NYE:
2. Don’t dress like you do every day.
3. Do not wear sneakers, casual flats or shoes that you run to the grocery store in.
How to Shop Your Closet First:
Final thoughts: Find the playful side of you when getting dressed for New Year’s Eve! Just for one time. Make it special. And make it fun.
Thank you for listening ALL YEAR LONG – we are so grateful to all of our listeners and fashion friends! We wish you all the best in the New Year. And we are super excited about focusing on our fave thing for 2023-women owned small brands that are changing the fashion industry for the better! We love you and can't wait for you to tune in in 2023!